Sunday 18 January 2009

And there goes the car.

Digg this

So, on Friday I broke the frame on my Dawes Milk Race, which I have had since passing my Common Entrance in 1988.

Today, upon leaving Sainsbury's car park, the prop shaft fell off the Delica. Buying the guitar is looking more and more like a mistake.

One interesting thing about this is the diverse nature of human behaviour. In the scenario of a supermarket car park everyone is very busy and selfish. Around a dozen cars manoeuvred around me, sounding their horns, whilst I stood in the road and picked up my prop shaft; none offered to help. Of these, all but one then pulled back into the right lane and queued behind my stricken Delica, sitting with her hazard warning lights on and without a driver, and proceeded to toot their horns in rage at the commander-less car.

Given that I was actually standing in the road, holding a prop shaft in my arms, one would imagine that they could have considered the situation and avoided delaying themselves further.

In stark contrast, once I was out on the open road (the great joy of a four wheel drive truck is that, on the occasion of breaking a half shaft, prop shaft, or even the diff, one can slip into 4WD and trundle on, to all intents and purposes a normal front wheel drive vehicle - that and being able to go jumping in the woods) several individuals were intent on warning me of my oil leak (I lost a chunk of gearbox in the process of the prop's suicide) in a friendly manner.

Given that the first group of people were merely forced to change lanes momentarily (if you are a Usonion then you probably need to look that word up - the way you use it is entirely wrong) and the latter chaps were actually having gearbox oil sprayed all over their cars, I would suggest that we, as a species, cope more easily with problems as they become more severe.

Either way, my Delica is undoubtedly beyond economic repair (the prop managed to take a goodly chunk out if a fuel tank and the water and oil pumps look likely to die, quite aside from the broken gearbox) so I am sans voiture, as the French almost certainly would never say.

I shall take a picture but, in the mean time, I shall settle for swearing mildly about it on the internet:

Bugger.

9 comments:

Buy Caliplus anti impotence pills said...

I am really sorry to hear about that man, I hope you can recover from it,

Niagra herbal aid for impotence said...

really sad story....feeling sorry for the man...:(

Vimax penis enlargement pills said...

I am astonished to see that you have worked really hard on it. Keep it up.

Instant Performer penis enhancement gel review said...

A chunk of gearbox in the process of the prop's suicide in a friendly manner...

Male Extra enhancement pills said...

One interesting thing is the diverse nature of human behavior.In the sight of a supermarket car park everyone is busy.

Provillus stop scalp hair loss fast said...

the stories from those jaffas who had proudly gone before me were all of joy and pride.

Buy Maxocum sperm pills said...

Buying the guitar is mistake ??! than you are not in my group !

Best Charcoal Smokers Review said...

After reading all of you articles i realised that your blog is very good and i wish you the best of luck in the future!

Vigaplus said...

The theme of diverse nature is really interesting as well.This is very true indeed.